I’m happy to let you know that the Charlotte Regional Partnership has launched a quarterly economic activity report to capture an overarching look at capital investment, job growth and other important business data across the 16 county Charlotte USA region.
The Charlotte Regional Partnership ‘By the Numbers’ reports will be issued on an ongoing basis in order to provide valuable information to the business community and public officials.
We are excited about the opportunity to collate this data and provide it on a regular basis, in an easily comprehended format, to serve Charlotte USA business and economic development leaders. These reports are unlike others in terms of the information and relativity, and will evolve as we are able to provide ongoing historical context.
A few of the highlights in this ‘By the Numbers’ report covering 2017 Quarter 2–2018 Quarter 1:
• There were 117 economic development announcements, with more than 10, 550 jobs and $1.16 billion dollars in capital investment.
• The vast majority of companies that located or expanded in the region are manufacturing operations.
• The top foreign investment in Charlotte USA during the time period came from Germany and China.
• 2017 Q3 was particularly strong with the 2,250 jobs announced by Allstate in Mecklenburg County, NC and the $200 million capital investment by Roseburg Forest Products in Chester County, SC.
• The region has seen an impressive turnaround in the unemployment rate which exceeded the national jobless rate at the height of the recession.
• Union and Cabarrus counties led in the percentage increase in labor force, followed by Lancaster, Mecklenburg, and York counties.
As you can see, there are a lot of advancements going on in a number of different areas across Charlotte USA. We are confident that the positive trends in economic development will continue throughout the rest of 2018. Please let us know what you think and any feedback you may have about our By the Numbers reports.
President & CEO
Charlotte Regional Partnership
550 S. Caldwell St., Suite 760
Charlotte, NC 28202