Position Opening: VP, Business Development
Job Title: Vice President, Business Development
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Economic Development
The Charlotte Regional Partnership is a nationally ranked regional EDO, representing 2.8 million residents across a 16 county, bi-state region, collectively marketed as Charlotte USA. We are seeking a Vice President, Business Development to actively, collaboratively and strategically attract new capital investment and job opportunities to the Charlotte regional market.
The ideal candidate has outstanding relevant academic credentials; a proven track record of recruiting domestic and international clients; a keen sense of self-awareness; the ability to broadly navigate key expectations of private and public sector stakeholders; and the initiative to be a leader in the industry by building a globally competitive team that leverages intelligence and relationships to recruit businesses to Charlotte USA.
This position is expected to lead a team which currently includes two project managers and one project coordinator, as well as execute the CRP’s Program of Work as it’s written, while keeping an open mind to potential new opportunities as they arise. Substantial commitment to travel will be required, both domestically and internationally. Non-traditional hours to accommodate for time changes and deadlines may also be required. Familiarity with international business protocols is preferred. Fluency in a foreign language is not a requirement, however seen as a highly favorable skill.
This position reports directly to the SVP, but works very closely with all members of the CRP team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develop new domestic and international business leads
- Host and support companies during their visits to the region
- Participate in organizations locally, statewide, and internationally to be visible in the profession
- Organize and facilitate domestic/international business development missions
- Lead and mentor a project management team to successfully manage deal flow
- Implement recommendations of the Regional Strategic Plan to impact performance metrics
- Work with EDAC and other allies to improve our proactive and reactive efforts
- Contributes to the team by performing other duties and participating in special projects as needed
- Maintain and actively participate in consultant associations
- Attend SCEDA, NCEDA and/or IEDC events annually
If interested, please respond directly by sending a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible candidates will be contacted after March 1st for interviews.
*No phone calls, please*
Position Opening: Director, Research
Job Title: Director, Research
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing & Research
The Charlotte Regional Partnership is a nationally ranked regional EDO representing 2.8 million residents across a 16 county, bi-state region, collectively marketed as Charlotte USA. We are seeking a Director of Research to creatively, collaboratively and strategically transform data into knowledge that is vital for our economic development marketing and recruitment activities.
The ideal candidate possesses a naturally curious and inquisitive mind; critical thinking skills to analyze information and process the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment. This position is fast-paced and projects are varied but vital to this role is the understanding of regional/local economic development data and its sources. Seen as crucial to our success, this role interacts with many functions of the organization. The degree of accuracy, time-sensitivity, and collaborative nature of this position cannot be understated. Having recently completed a Regional Strategic Plan, this position creates a unique opportunity for an individual to actively track the growth of a fast growing, dynamic economy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain information, perform basic research, and analyze information pertaining to the region;
- Prepare project research for economic development prospects;
- Prepare market research for publications, speeches, and collateral material used to promote the Charlotte USA brand;
- Conduct proactive business development research to identify potential prospects for the team’s lead generation research;
- Organize and manage knowledge management system
- Communicate with the various economic development agencies in the region (and states) to learn of specific assets that help to market and promote the region;
- Communicate with investors and additional resource organizations;
- Participating in, and initiating, special projects as needed.
Preferred Skill Sets
- Previous experience working in an economic development environment
- Previous experience working with ESRI’s ArcView platform is helpful
- Understanding of, and the ability to communicate labor force trends, industry clusters and their impact, as well as demographic trends to a wide spectrum of audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively through reports and presentations
- Proven track record of working effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Self-motivated with dedication to execute projects from start to finish
If interested, please respond directly by sending a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Eligible candidates will be contacted after March 1st for interviews.
*No phone calls, please*
Position Opening: Director, Investor & Community Relations
Job Title: Director, Investor & Community Relations
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Finance & Operations
The following activities represent the key duties and responsibilities for the Director, Investor & Community Relations for the Charlotte Regional Partnership (CRP). This position’s key role is to lead a process for generating new and retaining existing private revenue for the CRP.
The Director should have outstanding academic and business experience in order to speak to a wide variety of local private and public sector leaders. This person must also have an unbridled enthusiasm about the mission of the CRP.
The position does require limited travel within the 16-county region and possible travel to Raleigh and Columbia. This person is also expected to attend events coordinated by the Partnership and various networking events on behalf of the Partnership.
The salary structure for this position includes a base salary and a 10% commission on revenues from new investors and increases in investment and sponsorships from existing investors that the Director secures for the CRP. Commissions will be paid by the 15th of each month for revenues received the prior month.
This position reports directly to the SVP Finance & Operations, CFO but works very closely with the president and CEO. This position must also work effectively and efficiently with all members of the Partnership team to ensure ultimate success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Investor Revenue Generation
- Develop a detailed program to communicate with and retain current revenue sources
- Develop a detailed strategy including goals and tactics for promoting the CRP, identifying, and closing new revenue resources
- Compile and analyze information about contributors
- Create proposals and make presentations to potential investors that make a compelling case for funding the Partnership
- Track communications and follow up with prospective investors, detailing outcomes
- Manage existing revenue sources and facilitate dialogue between the CRP team, EDAC, government leaders, and private allies
- Coordinate quarterly Investor Forums and assist in reaching out to Investors to serve on panels
- Coordinate Investor Lunches/Breakfasts
- Manage Memorandums of Understanding, ensuring that they remain current for all in-kind providers
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that ensures investors are engaged with the Partnership and feel valued
- Coordinate with Finance and Investor Relations Manager to ensure that all investor related information is correct and obtain and forward logo changes when necessary for the Investor Directory and website
- Develop sponsorship collateral
- Solicit and obtain event and table sponsors for the Jerry Awards
- Obtain sponsors for Charlotte Regional Partnership-sponsored events (e.g., Investor Forums, Legislators Reception/Breakfast, annual retreat, international missions, etc.)
- Develop and distribute investor updates
- Communicate with the Accounting and Finance Department in regards to investor billings and in-kind recognition
- Provide investor activity updates during Partnership meetings
- Maintain files on existing and new investors both hard-copy and within CRM
- Maintain web content for investors
- Perform other duties as needed
Knowledge and Experience
Candidate must have excellent organizational and project management skills sufficient to independently establish priorities and use sound judgment in carrying out multiple assignments in a high paced environment. Individual must be detail oriented, professional and a team player who is able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide range of individuals including business leaders in the community. Excellent communication skills both oral and written are also required.
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7-10 years of experience in a similar type position preferably in a non-profit industry. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is also required with knowledge of Salesforce, ACT! or other database software strongly preferred.
Please forward resumes to Melissa Hendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.